Virtual WellnessYour Virtual Holistic & Functional Medicine Clinic
High Quality Care That’s More Convenient AND Economical
Attention: Texas Residents Unable To Travel To My San Antonio Office
. . . Or Even Local Residents Who Understand the Cost Savings Of Virtual Care
Consult With Me Virtually
Through A HIPAA Compliant & Secured Web Portal
And Enjoy Substantial Cost Savings
Compared To Regular Office Visits
. . . This Service May Be Used By New Or Existing Adult Patients Who Are Current Residents Of Texas
Are health problems holding you back from really LIVING your life?
- Too tired to exercise to get or stay in shape?
- Missing out on family activities like travel, play or just day to day family life?
- Not connecting with your spouse?
- Just don’t feel like the best version of yourself?
- Are these problems making life harder and less enjoyable than it should be?
Are you interested in a holistic or functional medicine approach but either don’t have a local practitioner you can see, or maybe your schedule or family commitments makes it difficult for you to fit in a “regular” office visit.
Could a Virtual Wellness service be the approach you’ve been looking for?
Well, only if you are interested in . . .
- secured access
- and more . . .
Imagine how a service like this could change your life!
Start Feeling Better Now
I have recently developed this Virtual Wellness option suitable for nearly everyone interested in building optimum health but unable to make it to my office.
It is the perfect service, whether you are new to my practice seeking to repair or improve your overall state of health and well-being, Or you are one of my established patients wanting to take advantage of the convenience of a Virtual visit.
We Are All Different But Similar
I’ve been helping people just like you suffering from a variety of health problems for over 25 years. I practice holistically, which means I appreciate the uniqueness of each person as well as the wider variety of potential sources of their problems.
I look to science and nature for answers.
But . . .
Over time I’ve noticed several very common problems.
Still Not Well Despite A Thorough Medical Evaluation?
Most patients already had a comprehensive medical evaluation before seeing me. Despite this, something was still missing. They were still not feeling as well as they had hoped. Many of their problems were yet unresolved or they were concerned about the side effects of standard treatment.
The 5 Common Causes Of Poor Health
Also, nearly all incoming patients had some very basic problems that had never been addressed.
- Nutritional deficiencies despite “eating healthy”
- An overwhelmed detoxification system
- Persistent inflammation
- Poor digestion
- And intestinal microbe imbalances, just to name a few.
Conventional Medicine VS Holistic Medicine?
Don’t get me wrong. Evaluating health problems from a standard medical perspective is very important. It identifies active disease and helps to anticipate risk for future health problems. It is a critical part of every assessment.
But what conventional medicine does not do a good job of is evaluate problems related to functional disturbances. These are the problems of “dis-ease”.
That approach also offers little to optimize general health and well-being.
This is where the Holistic (sometimes referred to as Integrative or Functional) approach has an advantage and really shines.
Problems related to poor function, deficiencies or excesses and disease states can be simultaneously evaluated and managed.
Optimization of well-being and general health is the ultimate goal!
The essence of the Holistic approach is to enhance health and wellness so as to minimize or remove the tendencies for disease and dis-ease.
Your House Is Fine But Your Foundation Is Sinking
Naturally, every case has a different set of problems. Most of the time though the most common and important missing pieces are “foundational” problems.
What are “foundational” problems? Basically all the problems I just listed above.
- Nutritional deficiencies
- High toxic load
- Poor digestion
- Intestinal microbe imbalance
The Virtual Approach I Recommend To Begin Healing
- Using Virtual Wellness it is possible to address all of these common problems and more by:
- Evaluating your clinical history.
- Ordering and evaluating medical and functional laboratory tests.
- Providing an individualized treatment plan bases on your results.
- Following up with your response to treatment and modifying as needed.
- Providing access to professional quality supplements and nutraceutical products.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all conditions are appropriate or safe for virtual care. Be relieved that if I don’t think this is the best route for you, I will let you know before you get too involved with the process. I may also recommend you have an office visit with your primary care doctor or specialist if it appears that might be best for you.
Get Your Health House In Order
Like building a home, a solid and level foundation is first necessary before framing and finishing out the house.
You must think of your health in the same way.
You must address the fundamental problems that underlie nearly every health condition.
Building health starts here. This program provides that starting point.
Things I Commonly “Check & Correct”
- Conventional Medicine Problems
a.) Signs, symptoms and risk factors for specific disease processes.
b.) Indications of disease or imbalance reflected in standard medical labs including for example, glucose, kidney function, electrolytes, liver function, blood count, thyroid function, elevated lipids, and inflammatory markers.
- Functional & Holistic Medicine Problems
a.) Nutritional Deficiencies: Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anti-oxidants, fatty acids
b.) Intestinal Function & Microbiome Balance: Digestion, absorption, SIBO, Yeast, Parasites, leaky gut, inflammation
c.) Toxic load and Detoxification Capacity: Phase 1&2 liver detoxification, methylation pathways
d.) Effects of Poor Food Choices: Inflammation, allergy, blood sugar problems, lipid problems, gut symptoms, weight issues, poor energy
e.) Nervous system balance & the effects of excessive stress
How To Sign Up For Virtual Wellness
- Click on the “Appointments” menu above and once on that page, click on the intake form that best describes you. Complete all the forms and submit them as soon as you can.
- After I review your forms, one of my staff will contact you about setting up an appointment. At that time let them know you are interested in a Virtual consultation.
- We will then set your appointment using the AmWell virtual medicine platform. You will receive more specific information about how to log-in after your appointment is set.
- You must attend the visit either via a computer with a video camera and microphone built in or via smart phone. For the best connection and user experience, a strong Internet connection via hard wire to your computer or via a strong wifi connection is recommended instead of using your smart phone mobile data.
- Make sure you are in a quiet, secure environment for our video call.
- During our first consultation I will review your medical history as well as clarify your goals of treatment.
- Based on this visit, lab work may likely be needed in order to provide you with an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan.
- I will help you coordinate the completion of any lab work I may order.
- On our subsequent follow-up visits I will review your lab findings and discuss my suggested treatment plan.
- Depending on your case, regular or periodic follow-up thereafter may be suggested.
Is This Program For You?
Many of my successful patients shared these common problems before consulting with me:
- Fatigue, sluggishness
- Aches & Pains
- Thyroid & Adrenal problems
- Hormone issues
- “Brain fog”
- Poor digestion
- Risk factors for heart disease and diabetes
- And other problems . . .
Are You Ready?
- To Start exercising and getting in shape again
- To enjoy more family and social outings with higher quality time
- To getting back into your favorite hobby or start a new one
- Reconnect with your spouse
- Start feeling like you again; happy, healthy and balanced.
What You Should Do Next